8 Space saving ideas for Timber Cabins
Once upon a time, there was a fox that lived in a small den. The sociable fox had many friends he regularly visited until, one day, he noticed they all seemed to have bigger and better homes than him.
Feeling ashamed of his small living space, the fox decided to find a new home. The fox traveled far and wide and ended up disheartened because all the other animals always seemed to have larger homes than his own.
One day he met an owl on the road. After listening to the fox’s story, the wise owl replied: “Dear fox, it’s not the size of your home that matters, but how you make the most of the space you have.”
Lifestyle timber cabins come in various sizes, from 7.84 square metres (sqm) to 29.99 sqm–each made of solid wood and cosy–but you will find that space is more limited than in a residential home or apartment. That, however, doesn’t mean you can’t spread out and make the space your own with some creative storage options.
- Loft bed: A loft bed frees up valuable floor space and provides extra storage space beneath.
- Fold-down table: A fold-down table can be mounted on the wall and folded up when unused.
- Wall-mounted shelves: Instead of bookshelves or cabinets, they can store items vertically, freeing up floor space.
- Multi-purpose furniture: Look for furniture that can serve multiple purposes, such as a storage ottoman or a sofa bed.
- Hanging organisers: Hang organisers on the back of your door or a wall to store smaller items.
- Under-bed storage: Use the space under your bed for storage. Storage boxes or baskets can keep your belongings organised and out of sight.
- Foldable chairs: If you need extra seating, consider using foldable chairs that can be easily stored when not in use.
- Sliding doors: Install sliding doors instead of traditional hinged doors to save floor space and make the room feel more open.
As the fox discovered, space doesn’t have to be a limit on our style and comfort when a few clever storage solutions can transform your space into a comfortable and stylish home.